Fedora’s Documentation Website has been overhauled
栏目分类：资料 发布日期：2018-08-03 浏览次数：次
本文为去找网小编(www.7zhao.net)为您推荐的Fedora’s Documentation Website has been overhauled，希望对您有所帮助，谢谢！
Today, a lot of hard work and effort from a multi-year process pays off. The Fedora Documentation website, , is receiving a major upgrade. Thanks to for converting everything to the publication engine, and to many members of the docs team for significant work in converting from DocBook to format. www.7zhao.net
Why upgrade the site?
Two years ago Fedora Docs was receiving few contributions and was hard to update. Our build tool, publican, was no longer supported by an active project and wouldn’t run on current versions of Fedora. Additionally, many potential contributors were turned off by having to learn DocBook, an XML markup language for technical documentation, in order to contribute. Lastly, our large book titles were hard to update and difficult to add new content to as their structure had grown so large it was hard to understand the whole book. 欢迎访问www.7zhao.net
The Docs team worked through a public process of meetings and mailing list/IRC conversations and settled on a path forward: 去找(www.7zhao.net欢迎您
- Convert our documentation to AsciiDoc, a simpler text markup language.
- Adopt new build tools designed to make static sites from AsciiDoc. We looked at several options and decided on Antora, in the end.
- Add build automation to make contributions get onto the website faster and to add more testing.
- Look into ways to break up our large content blocks to encourage more contribution.
Today we’ve completed steps 1 and 2 and are announcing work on steps 3 and 4.
If you’re interested in why we chose or , I encourage you to read the companion article posted on the . It goes into the details behind those decisions. 去找(www.7zhao.net欢迎您
What’s changed for users?
The new docs site has a cleaner navigation and URL structure. It also has the ability to plugin search easily, which we are working on. We’ve continued the successes we had in the previous release, including highlighting the current version of Fedora, making the docs visually easier to read, and moving more information about our community and contribution to the front page where you can find it.
We’ve also been able to continue our work on Quick Docs, to help you find the information you need to solve your challenge right now in one simple procedure. 去找(www.7zhao.net欢迎您
What is Quick Docs?
is idea for surfacing the great procedure and problem oriented documentation that has been hidden in the Fedora wiki. With Quick Docs, we started by creating stubs for the most commonly used user documentation. We have been slowly getting that content migrated to the docs site and putting in redirects from the wiki. Right now the information architecture of Quick Docs needs some help, but with the new tooling we are on our way to solving this problem. 去找(www.7zhao.net欢迎您
How do I contribute to the docs?
There are several ways to contribute to the docs:
- Tackle one of our
- Join the and help tackle larger projects
- Submit your writing to the or update our
- Help us convert long format books into more consumable
- Help us implement search or localization or CI
- Join the upcoming about the Docs on 6 August, 2018 at a time soon to be announced. See the for the schedule.
I encourage you to contact the or for content issues, , or for tooling issues, . copyright www.7zhao.net
Like Loading... copyright www.7zhao.net
以上为Fedora’s Documentation Website has been overhauled文章的全部内容，若您也有好的文章，欢迎与我们分享！
- iOS 相机流人脸识别(二)-关键点检测(face l
- Bridging the gap between low-level and high-level Jav
- Going cloud-native costs more than you think
- Reading Waterfall Charts to Focus on Page Speed
- Why Only Smart People Buy Your Products
- HugeGraph – An open source fast and highly scalable
- iOS端近场围栏检测 ——MultipeerConnectivity