Evolving multiplayer games beyond UNet
栏目分类：资料 发布日期：2018-08-03 浏览次数：次
本文为去找网小编(www.7zhao.net)为您推荐的Evolving multiplayer games beyond UNet，希望对您有所帮助，谢谢！ www.7zhao.net
Over the past few years we’ve offered Unity creators a set of commonly referred to as “UNet.” UNet consists of two major components: Core networking (High Level API/HLAPI and Low Level API/LLAPI) and enabling services (Relay Server and Matchmaker). These features work together to enable peer-to-peer (P2P) multiplayer games. copyright www.7zhao.net
UNet has been a tremendous learning experience for all of us, and we’ve seen our community ship some incredible multiplayer games.
The journey of these games hasn’t been without challenges, however, and we’ve heard your feedback: Unity game developers need more than what the current version of UNet can offer. Notably, you want more-scalable and transparent core networking and fully supported server-authoritative games that enable the security, stability, and consistent performance required for all levels of success. The future at Unity holds great promise for large-scale projects that are networked-by-default with the .
To achieve these goals, a complete rethinking of our real-time multiplayer technology was required. Here’s our plan.
UNet transition overview
UNet powers many active games today, and we take this responsibility very seriously. As a result, we are ensuring the following long-term support for developers who depend on our existing technology: www.7zhao.net
- The HLAPI and LLAPI will no longer ship with Unity after 2018.4 (LTS): Critical fixes will be provided for two years following the 2018.4 (LTS) ship date, consistent with Unity’sLong-Term Support policy.
- Relay Server and Legacy Matchmaker Services: Continued operation for at least three years following 2018.4 (LTS) ship date, with a clear transition plan provided before this date.
While UNet features are being deprecated, next-generation networking features will be made available soon, including: 本文来自去找www.7zhao.net
- Game Server Hosting services, which replace the P2P-enabling Relay Server.
- New networking code, which replaces existing UNet HLAPI/LLAPIs. Early versions will be ECS compatible.
- A new Matchmaker service that works seamlessly with Game Server Hosting.
For more on what we’re working on, check out our blog post onconnected games.
Stay in touch
- Keep track of what we’re working on by visiting .
- Have feedback? Please share it in the sticky threads of the .
- Interested in alpha testing some of the new technologies?Contact us here.
- Keep watching the blog. We’ll share more about what we’re working on soon.
以上为Evolving multiplayer games beyond UNet文章的全部内容，若您也有好的文章，欢迎与我们分享！
- iOS 相机流人脸识别(二)-关键点检测(face l
- Bridging the gap between low-level and high-level Jav
- Going cloud-native costs more than you think
- Reading Waterfall Charts to Focus on Page Speed
- Why Only Smart People Buy Your Products
- HugeGraph – An open source fast and highly scalable
- iOS端近场围栏检测 ——MultipeerConnectivity